May 9, 2010

Feeling the Music While Driving

Because I have been in such a good mood lately, I have been blasting high energy music while driving. One thing I do a lot is put my hand on the side of the driver door's armrest and feel the vibrations. I think it really adds to the music listening experience. It is interesting, because I notice that I can feel certain beats that I was not aware were there. It amazes me that no matter how loud the music is, there will be some frequencies I will not hear or perhaps notice. But, I can feel them. It's neat.

Anyone else do this while driving? I notice that throughout the documentary, Hear and Now (2007), a deaf woman would listen to her music while driving by feeling the beats through her hand resting on the driver door's armrest; smiling and bopping her head to the music. I loved that!

You can see her do this somewhat at the :43 mark in this trailer (I am sorry, could not find a captioned trailer):


(via Tomomachi)

This is a great documentary, by the way. I highly recommend it!

(e

Share/Bookmark

Link to this post: http://ehwhathuh.blogspot.com/2010/05/feeling-music-while-driving.html

1 comment:

  1. That is what my son does! He is now old enough to sit up front with me. He changes the stations and has me tell him what kind of music it is. He seems to favor hip hop and rock right now.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it civil.