August 25, 2011

Great Post By a Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing!

Gary, from Follow Your Bliss, wrote a great post about his role as a Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing.

Below is a portion of his post:

I am a teacher of the deaf and hard of hearing. I am not a sign language interpreter. Over the years I have encountered those who are confused about the difference between the two professions. This has happened in both my professional and personal life. For folks unfamiliar with issues related to deaf culture or deaf education using the terms interchangeably is certainly understandable. Yet, the two call for distinct qualifications, demands and experience. They do not have to be mutually exclusive but the path towards certification in each is not the same.

My role as a teacher is similar to that of any other educator, only I use American Sign Language (ASL).  
Read more . . .
 
I encourage you to visit his blog. He sounds like a wonderful teacher and his students are super lucky to have him. :)
 
(e

3 comments:

  1. Wow, thank you so much for the kind words and support. It is greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem. :) You sound like an awesome teacher and person, from your blog postings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. True that, it feels the same wherever you are!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it civil.