September 7, 2010

A Poem: Knight in Lint-Encrusted Shining Armor

My attempt at writing a poem about my hearing aid:

Knight in Lint-Encrusted Shining Armor

Suddenly everything became a muffled mess
I tried to listen to my friend as she talked about a dress.
Did she say plaid?  
Or did something make her mad?
Eh? What? Huh?
Time to change my hearing aid battery. Ugh.

I dug into my giant hand bag.
Gum, old receipts, coins, a name tag,
mints, coupons, pictures, candy, keys,
cell phone, wallet, band-aids, and tiny plastic trees.

As I wondered why I have tiny plastic trees,
I felt in the bottom, my batteries!
Encrusted in lint, my knight in shining armor,
here to help me clarify the grumbles and murmurs.

(e

3 comments:

  1. Very cute! I hope your knight wasn't too crusty to save you from the murmurs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet! sort of Edna St. Vincent Millay-ish.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it civil.