November 22, 2010

It Has Been a Year Since I Started Blogging!

Holy crap! I just realize that a year ago today was when I started blogging!

Here is my very first post (November 22, 2009), titled "Introduction":

This morning I have decided that I should start blogging about everything related to hearing loss (personal and non personal). It would be great to hear (no pun intended) from others about these issues. I have a lot of stories to share about my hearing loss. I am always on the lookout for hearing related issues in the media.

A little about me: My name is Elizabeth or (e.
I have a hearing loss. I am profoundly (almost completely) deaf in my left ear and moderately (somewhat) deaf in my right ear. I wear a behind-the-ear hearing aid in my right ear. To me, my hearing aid resembles a flesh colored plastic shrimp. I have been wearing hearing aids since I was a toddler. Currently, I am a teacher of deaf and hard-of-hearing children. I know American Sign Language, but I am not a native or fluent signer. I started learning sign language about six years ago. It is what led me to become more interested in hearing loss and Deaf culture.

"What's up with the (e ?" you are probably wondering. This is my logo created by Jose Gross. The e is my ear and the ( is my hearing aid. Isn't that cute? :)

(e 

 
I had no idea that I would still be blogging until today and how much fun it was going to be. I have learned a lot, thanks to my readers and their comments. I have had some thought provoking questions asked, I have been challenged, and I really enjoyed the touching and personal stories so many of you have shared with me through comments or through emails.

If I did not have such wonderful readers, I probably would not be blogging. Thank you for taking the time to read my postings and leave comments (comments are like crack for me, I can't get enough).

Thank you DeafRead and Deaf Village for including my blog in your sites. They helped bring many readers to this little blog. They also introduced me to many other informative and interesting D/HH bloggers. You guys are awesome for doing what you do.

I really enjoy doing this and hope I can continue this for at least another year.

Thanks for reading! Blog on!

(e

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your anniversary. :) On the behalf of the DeafRead Team, you're welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (e I remember that first post! I love reading your blog you have educated me on different ways of being deaf and offered great support. I love reading about a teacher's perspective. Happy anniversary!

    Wow I just realized I have been blogging since Sept 13th of last year. I was just going to use it as a journal for my son ......

    Warm wishes,
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats, e) ! you've become one of my favorite bloggers - right up there with hallowed company like Mike McConnell (Kokonut Pundits) and Candy, among others. keep up the good work! I enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually didn't know you were a ToD, but I also enjoy reading your entries. Keep up the good work--which reminds me I should write more often on my own blog, haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, everyone. Appreciate it! :)

    (e

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been blogging 4 years, but I don't retain blogs older than a year, old news and old views is no news ! I wouldn't dare attempt to celebrate my time online, Brit deafies would tear me to pieces lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! And best wishes for the next year of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Time flies! As always. ;)

    Congrats and I hope to see many more cool posts of yours.

    Candy~

    ReplyDelete

Keep it civil.